Wow your sweetheart with the best of Canada’s Most Romantic City!
It’s time to escape the winter blues and enjoy some quality time with the one you love.
Perfect ambiance, spectacular natural beauty and a wealth of fine dining, shopping and sightseeing await you in Victoria, BC. Pick your favorites from our best-of Victoria list and see for yourself why our city has been named the Most Romantic City in Canada four years running!
- Stroll downtown as the lights go on. Victoria in the daylight is beautiful, but it takes on a whole new magic at dusk when the parliament building lights and thousands of old-fashioned street lights flicker on and cast a romantic glow over the city.
- Enjoy high tea at The Teahouse at Abkhazi Gardens. Don your glad rags and impress your sweetheart in the old world splendor of the Abkhazi Teahouse. Special for the month of February, the Chocolate Lover’s Tea is a perfect Valentine’s treat.
- Take in the natural beauty of the Island. Make it an adventure and explore one of the many spectacular coastal spots this island has to offer. From a short walk on the Ogden Point Breakwater to a multi-day hike on the world-famous West Coast Trail, our island offers natural beauty at its most breathtaking.
- Indulge in a couple’s aromatherapy massage. Silk Road Tea, a local tea market and spa, offers this uniquely relaxing experience. Victoria’s historic and picturesque Chinatown is a great place to wander and Silk Road Tea is right in the heart of it.
- Share some gourmet chocolate. Roger’s Chocolates is a legend here in Victoria, and for good reason. Show how you really feel with a luxurious take on this Valentine classic.
- Take a spin around the dance floor. The Irish Times Pub and Hermann’s Jazz Club, often have no cover charge and always have live music. Put a spring in your partner’s step and make great memories!
- Enjoy a world premiere musical production. This February, Victoria’s exquisite Alix Goolden Hall hosts the world premiere of La Vie en Rose. A romantic and intimate classical concert of French music, breathtaking ballet choreography and rich vocals.
- Paddle around the inner harbor. Rent a tandem kayak and meet the local seals, or if you are more adventurous types, book a guide and enjoy a marine view of our island.
- Linger over a delicious meal. Victoria has a thriving farm-to-table scene, showstopping seafood and a vast selection of ethnic delights. For a perfect date, check out Bodega’s heated, candle lit patio, or Fireside Grill’s vaulted ceiling and open fireplace.
- Find the perfect gift. Victoria’s trendy and unique shopping options will delight and inspire. Local, handmade boutiques and upscale, curated luxury surround you. Browse the offerings and enjoy the ambiance.
Ready to make this a Valentine’s Day to remember?
Bring your sweetheart for a stay at The Lodge at Weir’s Beach!
Our beach front, manor house is peaceful, private and full of charm. Drink in the sunsets, cuddle up in front of the fire in one of our romantic fireplace suites, enjoy the ocean view from our hot tub and splurge on a delicious, home-cooked breakfast in the morning.
Book today and take time to reconnect with your loved one this Valentine’s Day at the Lodge!